Nepal is a multi-religious and multi-cultural state, with Nepali as the official language. Nepali is extremely similar to Hindi. Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal. Nepal is a beautiful country & famous for tourism. Nepal is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. Nepal is a secular country with 80% population as Hindus. Climate in Nepal is same as in India. Life expectancy in Nepal is 71 years (compare with India with 70 years life expectancy).
Indians don’t need visa to travel to Nepal. Traveling from India to Nepal is cheap & possible by air as well as by road. It takes around 1hour 30 minutes to reach Nepal from Delhi airport. Nepal is so near to India that time difference between India & Nepal is just +15 minutes! Relations with India are very good. Nepal is a very safe country.
Does Nepal follow all NMC Gazette FMGL Regulations 2021 norms?
Structure of MBBS in Nepal is extremely similar to MBBS in India & follows all NMC criteria for valid MBBS abroad:
- Duration: Duration of MBBS in Nepal is 4.5 years (FMGL Section 4a (i) satisfied)
- After main MBBS course of 4.5 years, in Nepal there is a 1 year internship in the same medical college (FMGL Section 4a (ii) satisfied)
- The structure of internship in Nepal is rotational similar to that in India (Refer: https://nmc.org.np/internship-guideline-2007) (FMGL Schedule I, Section 2 (ii)a satisfied)
- In Nepal apart from main MBBS course, there is 1 year internship which is an inherent part of undergraduate program (FMGL Schedule I, Section 2 (i)b satisfied).
- Medium of instruction in Nepal is essentially English (FMGL Section 4a (iii) satisfied)
- The subjects, curriculum, books in MBBS in Nepal are same as in India (FMGL Section 4a (iv) satisfied)
- Nepal Medical Council gives registrationto foreign students after completion of 5 years MBBS + 1 year internship (Refer: https://www.nmc.org.np/nepal-medical-council-regulation-2024) (https://nmc.org.np/26) (FMGL Section 4b satisfied)
- The registration given to foreign students by BMDC is at par with the license to practice given to Bangladeshi students (Refer: https://www.bmdc.org.bd/news-events/202210000001) (FMGL Section 4b satisfied)
- Curriculum of MBBS in Bangladesh is available in public domain (Refer: https://www.bmdc.org.bd/curriculum-2020) (FMGL Schedule I, Section 2 (ii)b satisfied)
- After completing MBBS program from Bangladesh (5+1 years), students will have to appear National Exit Test (NEXT) in India (FMGL Section 4d)
- Indian students are supposed to complete whole MBBS course & internship from the same medical college in Bangladesh (FMGL Schedule I, Section 2 (iii))
- Since Bangladesh offers one of the shortest durations of medical studies, Indian students can finish their studies well within prescribed limits of FMGL Schedule I, Section 2 (iv))
|Program duration||4.5 years + 1 year rotational internship|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% marks in PCB & NEET qualified|
|Total fees||40 to 50 Lakh Rs for 5.5 years|
|Are all NMC Gazette norms followed?||Yes|