MBBS IN PHILIPPINES
Philippines is the 3rd largest English speaking country after USA & UK. With more than 95% literacy rate, MBBS in Philippines has a highly developed infrastructure. The whole education from LKG to PhD for local citizens of Philippines is in English only. Philippines is one of the fastest growing economies with close proximity to Japan, China, Singapore, & Hong Kong. Philippines is one of the safest country, especially for the girls.
Climate of Philippines is very similar to that of India. So the disease pattern in Philippines is exactly as in India. This gives clear advantage to MBBS students as medical field is a practical field.
India was ruled by British for significant time. So in India we have continued British pattern in education, names of degrees, examination, administration & laws. Similarly, Philippines was ruled by America. So Philippines has continued American pattern in education, names of degrees, examination, administration & laws. This gives distinct advantage to Indian students as the exam which they have to face in India i.e. NEXT (National Exit Test) is extremely similar to USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination). This also gives advantage if students want to work or pursue post-graduation in USA. The degree given in Philippines is called MD as per American nomenclature. It is equivalent to MBBS in India. International authors’ medical books are followed in topmost colleges like Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) & UV Gullas College of Medicine (UVGCM).
The total duration of medical studies in Philippines is 5.5 years. It comprises of following:
- Premedical: As per American pattern, student has to undergo premedical course before MBBS. It is called BS (Bachelor of Science). It is a prerequisite to MBBS & part of medical curriculum. The syllabus of BS comprises of medical subjects like anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, medical ethics, history of medicine, & patients’ psychology. Duration of BS is 18 months. Since we have a partner campus of topmost Philippines medical colleges in Pune, students can take advantage of completing major portion of BS in Pune & then go to Philippines to continue further studies. This proves our authenticity. Students can go directly to Philippines as well if they don’t want to cover initial part in Pune.BS or premedical should not be looked upon as separate from MBBS curriculum because the admission letter or Notice of Acceptance (NOA) which students get after initial registration clearly mentions that they have taken admission in BS + MD program. In USA same pattern is followed. Some agents or consultants misguide the students that in Philippines you don’t get admission to MBBS, you get admission to BS only. The fact is, you get admission to the medical course which comprises of premedical (BS) & MBBS.
- Course in Pune: Partner campus of 2 topmost medical colleges (i.e. DMSF & UVGCM) in Philippines is functioning in Pune. Students have an option of completing major portion of premedical (BS) studies in Pune. So initial part of the total 5.5 years program can be completed in the Pune campus. This gives huge advantage to the students. Their course starts immediately as soon as they take admission unlike in other countries where at least 3 to 4 months they have to wait for the admission process itself. Pune campus has huge infrastructure. College of nursing as well as college of physiotherapy are also functioning in the same campus. Students form friend circle in Pune itself & parents also get introduced to each other. This forms a safe environment and when this entire batch goes to Philippines students don’t face any problems in adjustment. With high quality teaching in Pune campus, students get thoroughly prepared for further studies in Philippines.
- NMAT: While in BS, students have to appear NMAT (National Medical Admission Test). Indian students don’t have to pass or cross any particular cut-off in NMAT. They have to just appear NMAT. Merely appearing the NMAT is sufficient. There are many misconceptions about NMAT. Some agents promoting MBBS in Russia or MBBS in Ukraine misguide the students for their own profit. They misinform the students that NMAT is very difficult & if you fail NMAT, you will not get admission to MBBS & then you will have to come back to India. This is totally wrong. Every year thousands of Indian students take admission to MBBS in Philippines without facing any problems in NMAT. NMAT is neither a qualifying nor a competitive exam for Indian students. If some agent or consultant is telling you that NMAT is a barrier to MBBS, understand that he is misguiding you for his own benefit.
- MBBS : As per American pattern, MD degree is awarded in Philippines which is equivalent to MBBS in India. MBBS in Philippines is of 4 years. The educational infrastructure of topmost medical colleges in Philippines like Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) & UV Gullas College of Medicine (UVGCM) is of international standards. It is similar to the medical colleges in USA. Dead bodies, mannequins & high fidelity simulation are used in medical education in these medical colleges. High exposure to practical training is characteristic in these medical colleges. All our medical students in Philippines are well versed with basic and advanced life support.
- Internship: As per American terminology, internship is called clerkship or clinical rotation. The final year of the total 5.5 years is internship. In colleges like DMSF & UVGCM, students are expected to work very hard during internship in various clinical departments like medicine, surgery, gynaecology, ophthalmology, pediatrics, and other specialities. Internship in Philippines is recognized by National Medical Commission (NMC), N. Delhi.
|1st Year||Human Anatomy & Physiology, Biochemistry, Preventive Medicine, Community Health, Psychiatry, and Medical Practice are some of the courses offered.|
|2nd year||Pathology, Microbiology and Parasitology, Pharmacology, Medicine and Surgery, Psychiatry II, and Medical Economics are all basic ideas.|
|3rd & 4th Year||The primary emphasis is on pursuing specialities in both medicine and surgery. The clinical phase includes medicine-related disciplines such as psychiatry, dermatology, obstetrics and gynecology, and pediatrics. Aside from these, it also covers subjects related to surgery such as anesthesiology, ENT, ophthalmology, and orthopedics.|
|Internship||It gives students a place to practice their newly acquired skills. The internship is required and lasts one year, after which the students receive their MBBS degree. You are apprenticed to a senior doctor in a hospital under the supervision of your supervisor, where you acquire practical principles in a variety of disciplines such as medicine, surgery, pediatrics, gynecology, and so on.|
|MBBS in India||MBBS in Philippines|
|In India, the fundamental formal graduate degree is MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).||The graduate medical degree is known as M.D. in the United States, and because the Philippines follows the same education system, it is likewise recognized as M.D. in the Philippines.|
|Students who have finished their 10+2 with a science subject are qualified to take MBBS competitive exams.||Since Philippines follows American pattern, after 12th standard, Indian students need to undergo following pattern: 1 year pre-med (BS). In pre-med students study subjects like anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, psychology, research methodology. Then 4.5 years MD (equivalent to MBBS in India). After MD students need to complete 1 year rotational internship.|
|Human anatomy, physiology, medical biochemistry, pathology, applied pharmacology microbiology, dermatology, pediatrics, otolaryngology, and general surgery are typically studied in depth in MBBS.||Practical learning and objective paper models are given higher attention in the Philippines.|
|In India, pursuing an MBBS degree is too expensive.||In comparison to India, the total cost of education, including stay in the Philippines, is significantly lower.|
Philippines is the 3rd largest English speaking country after USA & UK. With more than 95% literacy rate, MBBS in Philippines has a highly developed infrastructure.
According to RBI regulations, students who are pursuing an education overseas may be eligible for a loan up to Rs. 15 Lacs. To locate the terms, go to the neighborhood branch. Amounts sanctioned are based on parental income documentation. i.e., a pay certificate or the most recent three years of tax returns. You must meet the requirements that the bank will use. For further information, go to the local branch of a nationalized bank in your area.
YES, More than 180 nations worldwide, including India, recognize the bachelor’s degree. After completing the formalities required by each nation, graduates can work in the following countries: 1.India: After passing the National Council of Education’s screening exam. Twice a year, a test is administered. 2. United Kingdom: Following success on the PLAB Exam. 3. United States: Following passing the USMLE 4. European Union (EU): The European Union accepts the degree.
For Indian students, numerous foreign nations, like Ukraine, Russia, Bangladesh, the Philippines, and others, offer top-notch medical education at the best possible price.
Either submit an application or apply online for a passport. The application for passports is now done online. Visit the Passport India website. The website lists the name, location, and contact information for passport offices in India. You have two options for applying: online or through a form. The application may only be submitted online in particular circumstances. We advised you to get started on your passport application right away. You receive an appointment date after completing the online form. A NEW passport typically takes SIX to EIGHT weeks to arrive. The following papers are required for passport applications.
Get complete guidance from Go Global expert team for career in medical and nursing. Complete support with documentation, traveling, accommodation, etc. We are a group of experts in the field of medical education & career in medical & nursing field with 2 decades of experience. We have thousands of success stories over the past 2 decades.
The total duration of medical studies in Philippines is 5.5 years. Minimum fees can be Rs.2.5 Lakhs/Year depending on colleges.
One of the greatest medical schools in the world is located in the Philippines. Each year, hundreds of Philippines-based MD (Doctor of Medicine, or MBBS Philippines) students graduate.
Student must be at least 17 years old. Should be NEET Qualified and have completed the 12th grade or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% in the areas of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Yes, a student can register with the MIC and begin practicing medicine in India only after passing the screening test and the internship.