Georgia is located in Europe at the border with Asia.
Although Georgian is the primary language in Georgia, English is widely spoken, especially in Tbilisi. The younger generation in Georgia prefers to study in English language. Tbilisi is the capital city of Georgia.
The currency in Georgia is the Georgian Lari. Georgia is economically advanced which is reflected in its strong currency. 1 Georgian Lari = 32 Indian Rupees. In spite of strong currency, Tbilisi is one of the world’s least expensive cities. Tbilisi is called gateway to Europe. Tbilisi has modern infrastructure & is one of the safest cities in the world. There are direct flights from Mumbai & Delhi to Tbilisi.
If you want to go to Georgia, it is best to stay in Tbilisi safety & convenience point of view.
Tbilisi is a beautiful city with extremely cooperative people. People of Georgia respect Indians due to good relations between the two countries. Winters in Tbilisi are mild. Summer can be very hot, but it is still manageable.
Spring & fall are by far the most pleasant times of year in Tbilisi. Georgia ranks among top 10 in the world in terms of safety. Majority of the population is Christian.
Georgian National University – SEU
Georgian National University – SEU is clearly the topmost medical college in Georgia offering MBBS course. It offers high-quality education at an affordable cost. This medical college is located in the heart of Tbilisi. Its infrastructure ranks 5th in Europe & 1st in Georgia. It is recognized by prestigious international bodies like WHO & FAIMER. It follows all rules of NMC Gazette Foreign Medical Graduate Licentiate (FMGL) Regulations published by National Medical Commission (NMC) of India. Teaching language is essentially English, making it simple for Indian students to study. Students can receive a top-notch MBBS degree in this medical college for a surprisingly low tuition cost. Moreover, this degree will be valid not only in India but also throughout Europe, UK, Australia & USA.
Does Georgia follow NMC norms (FMGL regulations)?
- Durationof MBBS in Georgia is 5 years (FMGL Section 4a (i) satisfied).
- Duration of internship has duration of 1 year. This internship is to be done in the same medical college only. (FMGL Section 4a (ii) satisfied).
- The structure of internship in Georgia is rotating similar to that in India (FMGL Schedule I, Section 2 (ii) a satisfied).
- Internship In Georgia is in addition to the main 5 years MBBS curriculum. This internship is an inherent part of undergraduate program (FMGL Schedule I, Section 2 (i) b satisfied).
- Medium of instruction in Georgia is English (FMGL Section 4a (iii) satisfied).
- The subjects & curriculum taught in MBBS in Georgia are same as in India (FMGL Section 4a (iv) satisfied).
- Registration is given to Indian students by professional regulatory body in Georgia after completion of 5 + 1 year curriculum (FMGL Section 4b satisfied).
- Licence to practice is given to Indian students by professional regulatory body in Georgia after completion of 5 + 1 year curriculum at par with the license to practice given to Georgian student (Refer: https://eoiyerevan.gov.in/pdf/Medical%20students’%20Advisory.pdf) (FMGL Section 4b satisfied)
- Curriculum of MBBS in Georgian National University – SEU is available on their official website https://www.seu.edu.ge/ (FMGL Schedule I, Section 2 (ii) b satisfied).
- National Exit Test (NEXT) is to be cleared in India after completing MBBS program (5 years + 1 year) from Georgia (FMGL Section 4d).
- Indian students are supposed to complete whole MBBS course & internship from the same medical college in Georgia (FMGL Schedule I, Section 2 (iii)).
- Since Georgia offers 6 years of durations of medical studies, Indian students can finish their studies well within prescribed limits of FMGL Schedule I, Section 2 (iv).
Studying MBBS in Georgia can offer several advantages for Indian students, including:
Compared to many Western countries, the cost of studying MBBS in Georgia is relatively lower. Tuition fees and living expenses are often more affordable, making it an attractive option for students on a budget.
Georgian universities offering medical programs are known for providing a quality education with modern facilities and experienced faculty. Many of these universities are recognized by international bodies like the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Georgian National University-SEU offer MBBS programs in English, which is beneficial for Indian students who may not be fluent in the local language.
Georgian National University-SEU provide ample opportunities for practical training and clinical experience, enabling students to gain hands-on experience in real healthcare settings.
Safe and Welcoming Environment
Georgia is known for its hospitality and safety. It offers a peaceful environment for international students, making them feel comfortable and secure while studying abroad.
Studying in Georgia allows international students to experience a rich and diverse cultural heritage. It offers a chance to interact with students from different backgrounds and build international friendships.
Georgia is located at the crossroads of Eastern Europe and Western Asia, providing students with the opportunity to explore neighbouring countries and cultures during breaks or holidays.
After completing MBBS from Georgian National University-SEU:
- Medical Practice in Georgia:Graduates can stay in Georgia or explore job opportunities in the country.
- Postgraduate Studies (MD/MS): Many students choose to pursue postgraduate studies (MD/MS) in India or other countries after completing their MBBS. Gaining specialized knowledge through postgraduate programs can enhance career prospects and open up opportunities for higher-level medical positions
- National Exit Test (NExT): The National Medical Council (NMC) will conducts the National Exit Test (NExT) for Indian students who have obtained their medical degrees from abroad. Clearing this exam is necessary to be eligible for medical practice in India.
- Work as a Doctor in Other Countries: MBBS from Georgian National University-SEU is recognized in several countries like Germany, USA, UK etc. which means graduates can explore job opportunities and medical practice in different parts of the world.
- Medical Research:Graduates interested in medical research can pursue further studies or work as research assistants in research institutions or hospitals.
Hostel and Food
There are separate hostel accommodations for boys and girls. These hostels are located at walking distance from the college.
The hostel management is Indian & takes care of the security of students, cleanliness, providing good canteen facilities, 24 hours Wi-Fi, free laundry and regular water and electricity amenities.
Delicious Indian food (breakfast, lunch & dinner) is served to all the students.
In Georgian National University-SEU students get great Clinical exposure. Students develop practical skills and the experience gained is highly valued by employers around the world.
The students first trained by the method of ECE – Early Clinical Exposure,
In the first 2 years, the student is made to observe the works done by the senior doctors & the students are given Clinical exposure on various medical equipment’s like – 3D Anatomage and Mannequin stations
Hi-tech machines measuring the accuracy of students
Student learns the dissections in a 3D way.
Human accuracy is 78% while Machine accuracy is 96%.
In the 1st pic, there are the junior doctors who are learning everything in artificial labs which are set up for learning.
The doctor outside, is giving them the scenario and student will learn to dissect and do things and the machine shows how accurately it has been done.
In the 4th and 5th year, the students will be learning by using the robotic- Surgical training Medical Equipment.
Georgian National University-SEU is the only university in Georgia that has its own attached hospitals within the university campus. 1 year of internship after MBBS course is compulsory for students who are planning to settle in India. Students do internship in these hospitals.
This is the Drone view of the 8 affiliated hospitals which are located nearby to the campus & are within walkable distance
These are the many hospitals where students are trained. SEU is known for hospitals and these hospitals hold a bed capacity which is more than 5300
Admisson process is very simple. Whole admission process and documention will be done by us. Student just need to provide correct documents. To know more about admission process please contact us on Whatsapp.
|Degree offered||MD (equivalent to MBBS in India & UK)|
|University Location||Tbilisi (Capital of Georgia)|
|Program duration||5 years + 1 year rotating internship|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% marks in PCB & NEET qualified|
|Total fees||22 Lakh Rs for 6 years|
|Are all NMC Gazette norms followed?||Yes|